I completely feel defeated because Saturday, I went for a run, planning on doing 5K. It's my goal every other day to beat my last time. I made it half way and it was great, the wind was blowing, I wasn't hot, and I was faster than my previous time. It was then that I turned around to do the other half and all of a sudden the wind stopped, it was beyond hot, and like an idiot, I forgot water. I tried so hard to push through and make it 5K, but I was beyond dehydrated. I broke down and called my hubby to come get me. I couldn't make it any further, I had no water and was so dehydrated, I was starting to feel dizzy - lesson learned!
1. Don't go running in the middle of the day in Florida
2. Take water every time I run
Being that I've never ran before now, in my life other than sports, I wasn't really prepared for 90 degree heat to make me dehydrated in literally 30 minutes - again, lesson learned!
I know I don't normally do weigh ins until Wednesday, but I've been loving my scale lately and needed to check it out. I feel accomplished because I lost 10lbs in 14 days!!! I was beyond ecstatic when I stepped on the scale yesterday morning and saw ......
I'm doing it healthy, no starvation, just motivation!
In other news, I got some new kicks and a new running outfit - love them!
My new running kicks
My running gear - I'm official now :)
I've been kind of in a rut lately with food and what I can cook and actually eat, that's healthy and low cal. It seemed to me like I could only cook certain things and that was it, bottom line - not the case. I hit up Google for some low calorie healthy dinners and found some great recipes!
Last night I made chicken & shrimp fried rice - doesn't sound healthy, but it was. It was very filling and delicious. I only had a 1/2 a cup and I was content. If you want to try it, here's the recipe:
Number of servings: 6
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Calories per serving: 135
Total Fat: 4g
1 cup brown rice
0.8 cup raw celery
0.5 cup bean sprouts
0.5 cup water chestnuts
3 large eggs
1lb boneless skinless chicken breast
Soy Sauce (optional)
- Start by boiling the chicken breast - boil until no longer pink
- While the chicken is boiling, pour the bean sprouts in a medium size bowl, dice up the celery, drain and dice the water chestnuts and add both to the bean sprouts, in the bowl and put to the side
- After the chicken is boiled, cut into small pieces, then put in the bowl with the celery, bean sprouts, and water chestnuts
- Boil 1 cup (dry) brown rice for roughly 10 minutes
- Scramble the 3 eggs (I only used the egg whites for a healthier meal)
- In a large skillet pan, spray with a little cooking spray to keep everything from sticking
- Cook shrimp in skillet half way and then add all the ingredients in with it (rice, chicken, bean sprouts, celery, and water chestnuts)
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste - mix everything together and cook until the shrimp is done
- After everything is cooked, put into a serving bowl and add soy sauce (optional)
I modified this a little
- I used egg whites, not the whole egg
- I did not use water chestnuts, bean sprouts, or celery - didn't have any in our pantry/fridge
- I did not use soy sauce (seems too salty for healthy eating)
Finished product - not my picture (thank you Google)
Just for kicks, here are some pics of the boys this weekend at the splash park
Happy Monday y'all!