I know that most bloggers/blog readers started the AdvoCare 10 day cleanse yesterday, but I'm impatient and I started it on Saturday. One reason was because I've never done a cleanse before I wanted to make sure I knew how my body was going to react to it. I didn't want to be at work, if shit went down, literally. The second reason was because I figured it would be easier to plan my meals for the remaining days. Since I started on Saturday, I now have three or four meals leftover for lunches during the week, so it worked out.
Before I get into the different meals I've made so far, let me first start with the weigh in. If you were wondering too, I took a "before" picture, but I'll post that with the "after," once this is all over.
Like I've said before, I have not been on track
5 pounds on day 4, I would say I must be doing something right. I'm feeling more energetic too, which I wasn't expecting considering I had no choice but to give up coffee and soda. On top of that, no one has been punched in the face, with said, lack of coffee, so it's a win, win ... so far!
I am not a morning person and normally, I am not a breakfast person either. Just give me a Skinny Grande Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks and I'm good till lunch. After starting this cleanse though, I'm actually liking the breakfasts I've made so far. If you follow me on Instagram, then you've seen these already. But this is just a little more detail of how I made each one. Hope you find something to try.
Oatmeal with Peaches & Cinnamon
* Cut up peaches into little bite sized pieces, place in a bowl and coat with cinnamon
* Cook oatmeal as per package instructions
* 1 to 2 minutes before the oatmeal is done, add the peaches
* Stir together, once peaches are soft, then serve
Looks pretty gross, but I promise, it isn't. You can also add apples, which I haven't tried yet, but I will be trying soon.
Scrambled Egg Whites with Veggies
* Spray skillet with Pam
* On medium/high heat add your favorite veggies (I added red and green peppers, broccoli, and onion)
* Add one whole egg (for added protein) and two or three egg whites
* Scramble together until eggs and vegtables have cooked and serve
After I made this on Saturday morning, I didn't really get to eat too much of it because I had a little begging puppy near by.
Over the weekend it was fun to try and mix things together to make lunches and leftovers for dinners. Here are a few that I've tried so far.
Lemon Salmon with Brown Rice & Pineapple
* Spray baking sheet with Pam
* Bake salmon at 350 degrees for roughly 30-45 minutes with lemon slices on top for flavor
* Make brown rice as per instructions on package
* Sautee your favorite veggies in skillet with Pam (I used garlic, onion, broccoli, red and green peppers, and onions)
* Once the veggies are done, add brown rice to skillet and stir together
* Add pineapple chunks to the brown rice and vegtables and serve
Chicken Marinara with Spinach
* Spray Pyrex dish (glass dish) with Pam
* Place pieces of raw chicken in dish and add marinara sauce on top (I tried Mezzetta Homemade Style Marinara it was delish!)
* Bake in the oven on 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes
* Make your favorite veggie for a side (I made spinach) and serve
This one was another one of my favorites, that I'll be making again.
Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
* Cook ground turkey in a pan till no longer pink
* Drain grease (there won't be much)
* Add cooked turkey back to the hot pan and mix with no sodium taco seasoning as per instructions on package
* Place cooked turkey in lettuce wrap and serve
After I made this, I realized I should have added veggies to it, it needed something like
cheese olives, tomatoes or onions.
Tonight on the menu is sauted shrimp with vegetables and brown rice. If you follow me on Instagram, you can see other recipes I'll be posting for the next few days, while on the cleanse.
Are you doing the 10 day cleanse?
Tried any new recipes?
You too can order the AdvoCare cleanse for yourself and see how many pounds you can lose in 10 days!! You can check out what other great products AdvoCare has to offer here. Just email me at Life.email@example.com and I can get you started on your own weight loss journey!
Or, if you're ready to order now, click here and place your order for a happier, skinnier, healthier you!